- These plants are mostly seen as a vine or a creeper. The leaves are green, and elliptical shaped.
- It grows as a vine or creeper. Also grown as an ornamental plant which needs low care. It is used in traditional medicines and making tea.
- They are single deep blue colour flowers with an yellow center. Some of the species are white in color.
- The soil should be moist especially during the growing season. Water the plants twice a week or when the soil starts to dry.
- Butterfly pea flowers grow in nearly any type of soil, including nutrient-poor, but sandy, acidic soil is preferable.
- They prefer bright direct sunlight. The plants can also grow in partial shade but the rate of blooming might reduce.