- Despite its name, bamboo palms are not bamboo at all but are a type of palm. They are ideal houseplants that can add a tropical feel.
- Growing Bamboo palms indoors is relatively easy if you start with a healthy plant. Bamboo plants have dark green leaves and an erect habit.
- Listed on NASA’s clean air varieties list. It is good at absorbing formaldehyde, benzene, chloroform, and carbon monoxide from the air.
- Bamboo do not require bright light in order to thrive. They do well in a variety of light conditions ranging from low light to bright light.
- keep the soil uniformly moist (NOT wet). When the soil has dried down one-third to halfway from the top, water the plant and make sure that any excess water drains out.
- Bamboo should be fertilized during the growing season to help encourage healthy growth. Granular, time-release fertilizers work best.