- The Betel leaf Plant is a herb that is a member of the pepper family. It is known for its shining green color and heart-shaped leaves.
- Betel leaf is a versatile plant used for cooking and for medicine. This healthy herb is suitable to grow in containers and in hanging baskets.
- Its a perennial herb. It is native to India where it is widely known for its use in making a famous Indian dessert Paan.
- It prefers slightly acidic, sandy-loamy, and lightly damp soil but not waterlogged. Use the well-drained potting mix to plant it in a way that water will drain out from it quickly.
- It thrives well in a hot and humid environment in partial shade. The betel plant needs regular watering.
- Occasional feeding every couple of months in the growing season of the plant with a nitrogen-rich fertilizer is recommended.