- Native to China and southern Asia, the tropical evergreen flowering Ixora is a medium-sized evergreen shrub, with glossy leaves.
- The tropical plant produces small star-shaped flowers from red, pink, orange and yellow, in clusters at the stem tips.
- This evergreen woody shrub is perfect for indoors and sunny balcony. Relatively easy to grow outdoors also under the right conditions.
- Ixora plants like bright light, so put them somewhere in your home where they can get at least eight to 10 hours of sunlight a day.
- Ixoras like a lot of water. The soil should never be allowed to dry out, as it may lead to kill the plant. Always keep the soil adequate moist.
- Feed ixora plant in the spring with slow-release fertilizer pellets, or weekly during its growing season with a liquid fertilizer.