- Sweet Potato vine is an ornamental warm-season annual grown for its attractive leaves and vining habit.
- The vigorous vines can reach up to 10 feet long and are most often used as a trailing accent in containers.
- Sweet potato vines are available in various colors from almost black to chartreuse and with several different leaf shapes.
- The plant is drought-tolerant but likes its water. Do not allow this plant to get waterlogged.
- Sweet potato vines love the sun but will also grow in part shade and sometimes full shade.
- These plants prefer moist, well-drained soil that’s nutritionally enhanced with organic matter.